Aftercare is a very important part of the laser process.
Immediately after the laser treatment the area may be raised, red, bruised and/or swollen. It can feel like a bad sunburn. You may experience a pulsating feeling, like a heartbeat.
The area will feel warm to touch. These sensations are your body's response to the trauma from your laser treatment. Your body has started the process that will break down the pigment in your tattoo.
You can take Advil as needed, but please do not take any aspirin. Aspirin increases the risk of bruising and/or bleeding.
Exercise is encouraged post treatment. Being active helps your body?s immune system to break down the tattoo pigment. Please listen to your body.
If you experience any unusual pain or discomfort during your normal exercise routine, stop your workout.
Please drink as much water as possible after your laser treatment.
1. With 4-6 hours of your treatment remove the bandage and clean the tattoo you had lasered.
2. Clean the laser treated area with an antibacterial soap 2-3 times a day, and gently pat dry. We recommend Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree soap.
3. Blisters are common after a laser treatment. After a blister is popped, it will drain a yellowish or red fluid. This is normal.
4. Along with blisters, crusting, scabbing, bruising and redness can occur. This is all a normal part of the healing process.
5. With blisters this can take up to 2 weeks. Without any blisters the heal will usually take 5 to 7 days.
6. Pinpoint bleeding is common after treatment, this refers to tiny bleeding spots that look like the point of a pin. This bleeding can last up to 48 hours after your treatment.
7. Scabbing can be expected when you have pinpoint bleeding. Apply coconut oil on the area 2-3 times a day. Coconut oil is a natural antibacterial and will keep the area moisturized and help it heal. Keep your tattoo bandaged when out and about in the world until it is healed.clear aloe vera gel can be used in place of coconut oil
8. Please be aware that the laser treated area will be sensitive. Do not expose area the to extremely hot or cold water. Shower in warm water.
9. No soaking in any water for 7 to 10 days after your laser treatment. No hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms or swimming pools during this healing time.
10. Do not expose the laser treated area to the sun until it's completely heal from your treatment.
11. Sun exposure can cause hyper/hypo-pigmentation and other complications. You must protect the laser treated area from the sun with a zinc oxide sunscreen throughout the laser process and cover the tattoo from direct sunlight.